Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Austin

Today is my nephew Austin's 6th birthday.  He's is such a little character.  Fun to be around but so full of energy that he just wears me out! 

We had his party on Saturday.  It was a pool party and, when he was telling me about it before hand, he was just adamant that I had to get in the water too.   I told him that there would be way too many kids for me to get in.  He thought about it for a minute and then asked his Mom if she had already invited everyone.  She said that all the invitations had gone out except one little girl's.  He then looked at me and said "well if we don't invite her then she won't come and then you can get in." 

I told him no there would still be too many kids and that he wouldn't need me in the water, he'd have plenty of people to play with.  He thought about it for a bit and then said, "well Aiden can't come because they're going to be on vacation and (he named two other kids) won't come because they never come to anything so that will be four kids that can't come.  That is enough room for you."

We compromised and I went early to play in the pool with him.  I think he has a future as a lawyer.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

What a sweet story Theresa and I think your right, he may be a lawyer someday esp since he can talk you into it!!! Although you do have a big soft spot for that boy! Love the cake he has it's really cool and he is so handsome!

friv 7 said...

Facebook starts taking over your life and everything in blog does not continue anymore.